John J. Miller
Phone: (816) 886-4813
Alt: (816) 842-6100
- University of Missouri – Columbia, J.D., 1984
- University of Missouri Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1983-1984
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.A. , 1981
- Missouri, 1984
- Kansas, 1992
Principal Practice Areas:
- Corporate and Business Transactions
- Employment Law
- Workers’ Compensation
John served as a Federal District Court law clerk for the Honorable Joseph E. Stevens, Jr. from 1984-86. He worked for the Stinson, Mag & Fizzell law firm from 1986-91, and the firm of Nygaard & Miller from 1991-96. John then formed the Law office of John J. Miller, P.C. in 1996, where he practiced until joining Swanson Midgley in 2006.
John has represented hundreds of clients in securities, commercial, insurance defense and employment trial or arbitration. He has been selected as a Missouri “Super Lawyer” on multiple occasions. John has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America since 2012, and he has been named Lawyer of the Year in the Kansas City area for securities litigation.
Professional Affiliations and Memberships:
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association
- Arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
Former President, Board of Trustees, Oak Hill Day School; Church Council, Platte Woods United Methodist Church; 2008 and 2014 Chair, Securities Committee, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Winner of 2013 Congregational Leadership Award and 2014 Spirit Award from Communities Creating Opportunity in Kansas City, Member of Board of Directors, JDRF Kansas City Chapter.