Jason is a transactional attorney with broad experience in a variety of matters, including real
estate, corporate, and general business matters. Jason’s experience includes advising clients in
connection with real estate and financing transactions; drafting, reviewing, and negotiating real
estate and corporate documents, including purchase and sale agreements, retail, office, industrial,
and telecommunications leases, and other commercial contracts; navigating title issues and other
due diligence matters relating to the conveyance of real estate; preparing loan documents such as
notes and security instruments; providing counsel with respect to the formation and management
of business entities; and assisting with asset and stock transfers, mergers, acquisitions,
divestitures, and other fundamental business transactions.
Jason’s experience in real estate, corporate, and general business matters includes the following
- Completed and closed the sale of two adjacent apartment buildings, negotiating with
multiple bidders to obtain optimal price and terms for the seller.
- Represented the buyer in a multistate purchase of more than 14,000 acres of agricultural
property, providing additional counsel on complex title issues and riparian rights.
- Negotiated a settlement in the enforcement of a contract for the acquisition of ranch land
following the seller’s attempt to repudiate the contract, obtaining a lower price per acre
for the buyer than was negotiated by the parties in the original contract.
- Restructured a borrower’s life insurance premium financing and mortgage-backed loans
into a new financing package including term loans and a revolving line of credit.
- Represented property owners in securing and closing an FHA-insured loan in order to
restructure the financing on a multifamily housing project.
- Negotiated multiple office leases across the Midwest region on behalf of a national
agribusiness company as the tenant.
- Prepared and negotiated numerous retail leases in multiple shopping centers owned by
privately held, commonly owned real estate holding companies.
- Coordinated the negotiation and preparation of multiple telecommunications leases for a
public entity as the landlord, acquiring considerable knowledge of the industry and
market dynamics for use in future negotiations.
Corporate / General Business
- Represented a multimedia company in the $165 million divesture of its cable/broadband
division and the subsequent sale of a separate division supplying online publications and
- Assisted a development company in a multimillion-dollar redemption of its membership
interests and the negotiation of liabilities concerning environmental remediation.
- Advised a transportation company in the acquisition of a competing business and the
assumption of a student transportation contract providing its primary source of revenue.
- Coordinated the overhaul of corporate books and records for a holding company and
multiple subsidiaries, including amending bylaws, updating minutes, and restructuring
stock ownership records, and subsequently completed an upstream merger of several
subsidiaries into the parent corporation.
- The Missouri Bar
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)